View Single Post
Old 2011-05-13, 16:06   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanure View Post
Mentally she's nine and is a known crybaby. Pretty justified and consistent.
I never said otherwise. My problem with Menma crying every episode is that it lessens the emotional impact of those kind of scenes. If they keep throwing that in every episode, by the end of the anime, it won't do anything for me anymore. I've already grown fairly numb to it. The first time she cried, it hit me like a ton of bricks... when she did so in this episode, I didn't even give it any second thoughts. It's becoming a normal occurrence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Also, proving Menma's presence isn't as easy as it sounds. Even if she can physically interact with the environment, common sense will work against her. She did a number of things in her family's household, but they assumed that someone else did it or that it was an accident. Either way, there's no way for the group to understand Menma without Jinta, physical presence or not.
What if she ate food in front of everybody, as Poppo already asked her to twice now? It'd be very hard to find a reasonable explanation to food disappearing out of thin air. Making her presence known is ridiculously easy for her. She could even communicate with everybody using notepad. I think that's another reason the final scene of this episode left me cold.