View Single Post
Old 2011-05-13, 16:23   Link #70
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I never said otherwise. My problem with Menma crying every episode is that it lessens the emotional impact of those kind of scenes. If they keep throwing that in every episode, by the end of the anime, it won't do anything for me anymore. I've already grown fairly numb to it. The first time she cried, it hit me like a ton of bricks... when she did so in this episode, I didn't even give it any second thoughts. It's becoming a normal occurrence.

What if she ate food in front of everybody, as Poppo already asked her to twice now? It'd be very hard to find a reasonable explanation to food disappearing out of thin air. Making her presence known is ridiculously easy for her. She could even communicate with everybody using notepad. I think that's another reason the final scene of this episode left me cold.
Again, how do you explain the fact that only Jinta can directly see and hear Menma? With all the nuances and emotions that come with visible facial expressions and speech, writing does not solve the problem that Menma cannot communicate directly to the other Super Peace Busters the same way she can talk to Jinta. Also, what if more drama arises and one of them is upset enough to leave? Do you expect them to wait for Menma with her grade school knowledge to finish writing soon enough to calm them down?

Poppo already assumes that ghost Menma exists. However, even he's showing now that he has a problem being unable to see or hear her. Do you think seeing an invisible force cook muffins or write will solve that problem?