View Single Post
Old 2006-12-21, 13:03   Link #83
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Yes.. perfect. I dont know about you, but I'll try to sharpen the eye a bit more so it stands out. But, that just a minor. Now if only I can understands those words @_@ ...
the problem is if i try to sharpen the eye, the whole blend mode will suffer. not only the tear would be a pain to notice, but it would be weird with the contrast

for the text (translation by KJ1980) :
  • first line, vertical, right : 誰が犯人かって? : who is the culprit you ask?
  • second line : そもそも「何の」犯人かわかってる?: Do you even know what is the culprit in the first place? (the 「何の」 has a special meaning... like something you can't name. (thus the 「」 in the original text and why i put in the middle ^^" if i'm wrong, correct me XD)
  • third line, horizontal, center : 誰が犯人なの?So who is the culprit?
  • last line, black : 私をこれから殺す犯人は誰?!: Who is the culprit that's gonna kill me?!
i hope it will help you why i made this kind of mood ^^

Quote:
Dont really wanted to post this, since its really involves no work beside the extracting job ( which I failed miserably -- Thats what you got when doing the extraction at 2 am in the morning) And I guess I better repair the face as well.. darken blending mode sux ( more like I did ).. But, I'm happy .. it do work as promotion signature. Iroha really needs more love, the series is top quality ^.^
pretty classy. your "kina" name is not too outstanding, compared to your other creations :P
my only complain would be the very thick edge you have made, but i guess it was done on purpose?
like several said in the RTS thread, the brightness of the face is a bit too high, so we can't really distinguish the facial expression, but meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

Klashikari:
great! again another stunning sig

but a few points which looks a bit off ~
1) i like the lighting but the flash on riku's chin is it really needed? i think it stands out a bit too much when contrasted with the BG pic which also contrasts to the colours of the lighting on the left side of the sig...so either making it blend more or remove it altogether is an option ~
lighting? you mean that kind of stream around the bottom?
if so, it is in fact rika's hair (not easy to guess, since the bottom is cropped)
because of the general blend mode, that part of the hair, which was already really bright on the original art is flaring ~~

if you are talking about the general brightness, i guess it is because of the "knife like shape" that i put around the eye, so it gives some contrast.

Quote:
2) the text in the middle of riku's face isnt good it blocks too much of the view imo...
i tried to give the impression that word is somewhat locking her, like muting her, following the knife (refers the earlier quote for the meaning ^^")
i could change the opacity of the "main" word maybe ^^;
Quote:
3) everything is pushed towards the left side with gives it a feeling of uneveness >.< tho i do understand its hard to balance everything out to me it seems that the left side is a bit cluttered while the right side is left empty ~ i think the colours also add to that effect @_@
i think it is because of the text + the blood stains and since the right has a plain white background XD
that point will be hard to correct however, but thanks for this mention
Quote:
ahh well...i think i should put mine up as well for the slaughter

i like how you cropped the left girl but..., the backfire of this is suigintou seems to be ridiculously smaller, and thus, making the balance SLIGHTLY awkward, nothing wrong.

the lines (names and the top bottom) aren't really fitting the mood i think.
the true problem bugging me is the font. while your name is kinda fine, suigintou is somewhat... wierd (that font is giving me the feeling that the concerned character is very cheerful, outstanding, even slightly aggressive. i don't have much knowledge about rozen maiden, but on this pic, suigintou appears to be really bashful/peaceful)

i have however a special mention about your sig you dramatically changed how you treated your picture.
in general, it was a bit blurry on some BG. you have focalized the sig on a standalone picture, with a certain angle/ratio, which is a really nice improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphyre View Post
Ok, I'll start off by saying... I've only started using Photoshop/Imageready a few month months back, and most of that time I spent making avatars.
Only in the past week or two that I was inspired by some of the talented sig makers in this forum to give it a try myself.

cheers ! the beginning is always hard, but later, when you are used with it, you can be steamworking ^^
Quote:
I've always had trouble choosing/making a background.
this is an humble advice, follow it if you think it is useful ^^"
if you cant make a background, even with trouble of choosing it, try to watch the anime scene involving the character you are using. while i agree it is kinda cheap, it is one of the best way to find the best appropriate BG for the said character.
Quote:
Having said that I recently saw the transparency tutorials/sigs made by BC.
I thought what the heck I'll give it a shot.
After reading over a few times and doing ALOT of trial and error, here are the results for bashing.

Spoiler for sigs:

First one is nothing special... Pretty simple really...

Used BC's idea of making pictures into photos on my second one :P
pretty good results if you ask me.
i don't think you have any problem in cutting or doing transparent sigs.

now, using a full sized signature will be different but well... you can dot it, just analize your work and post them here. trust me, we won't eat you (well... maybe! )