View Single Post
Old 2011-03-03, 15:57   Link #48
Mentar
Banned

To be honest, at this point, I don't give a plague-infected rat's ass for attempts to preserve the "but QB hasn't lied yet" spiel. He admitted - openly - that he was deceiving naive unsuspecting girls for his own gains. He has consciously withheld critical information from them in order to trick them, knowing that it would cost their lives, while in the meantime pretending not to know. His credibility is flat-out zero, because even if you try to maintain that he refrained from outright lies, there is no reason to believe that he would be unable to do so when it suits him. He is - confirmed by himself - a treacherous, murderous bastard, and it would show incredible naivete to believe him. He has adapted his story and revealed the truth only when circumstances forced him to, and even now that he is unmasked, he is still pitching at Madoka's greatest weakness: Her self-sacrifical goodwill.

Homura obviously knows what he's up to, and I can already predict that I'm not going to participate in the pseudo-scientific babble QB oozed (unless the translated version happens to offer intriguing insights). I'm going to pick the Homura side, thank you very much. 3 eps to go, it will certainly be a rocky ride. So I guess it's time for

1) more direct pressure on Madoka. Wanna bet that her family will endure some totally coincidental hardships? Most likely her mother will find herself in trouble

2) Madoka and Homura will not hit it off very easily. I don't quite know yet why Homura still isn't really opening up, but I doubt that she'll spill all the beans in ep10. Something is still forcing her to play her hand close to the chest. I wanna know why.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote