View Single Post
Old 2008-04-07, 15:22   Link #315
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well, I don't mind the spoilers seen as I am still going to read it anyway. Thx LKK for the effort.

And holy spoilers they were
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Here’s my promised spoilers post. I want to clarify a few things before I start though. Most of what I’m going to talk about are things that occurred chronologically before Rahzel met Alzeid. I’m not going to talk much about what happens to the trio during their travels. So you really ought to read the manga even though I’m going to tell you some spoilers. The information I’m giving is from volumes 1 through 8. (Volume 8 was recently released in English.) Keep in mind though that the series is 10 volumes long and still being serialized in Japan. So I don’t know everything yet. Furthermore, the mangaka is very good at misdirection. She’ll let you believe something for several volumes before revealing additional information that changes or contradicts what you think you knew. (I had that happen to me with a volume 8 revelation.) With those caveats in mind, on with the spoilers.

About the setting

What the anime told us: Technology is less advanced than our current level. Technology doesn’t seem much more advanced than the steam engine railways era. However, some evidence of more advanced technology such as Alzeid’s gun does exist.

What the anime didn’t say:
Spoiler:
This I actually did guess right. Just looking at Alzeid's gun was enough for some connection.
Quote:
About Rahzel

What the anime told us: Rahzel’s real name is Rahzenshia Rose. She’s a magic user. She is the daughter of Fabien Rose. Her mother had a fatal illness and went mad waiting for death. She decided to kill Rahzenshia. In self-defense, Rahzenshia killed her mother with her magic. Fearful, Fabien took Rahzenshia and abandoned her in the forest, hoping she would die. While waiting for her death, Rahzenshia was approached by a red-haired man. Somehow, she ended up in the care of Serateed who adopted her. At that time, Rahzenshia changed her name to Rahzel. When Razhel was 14, Serateed kicked her out of the house telling her to travel the world.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
About Alzeid

What the anime told us: Alzeid once served in the army with Baroqueheat. He is a magic user capable of flying and delivering explosive magic bursts. As a child, he was not allowed outside. He is looking for his father’s murderer whom he describes as a woman with black hair and blue eyes. His description of his vengeance quest: “I am looking for the woman who killed my father. That is the purpose of my journey. The man who was killed was in some ways my father, and in some ways myself. Thus, this is also revenge for myself.” [Episode 2, 05:20, Shinsen Subs]

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
About Baroqueheat

What the anime told us: Baroqueheat served in the army with Alzeid. He has a moth tattoo that can turn into a sword. He has an older brother who is Rahzel’s adopted father, Serateed, making her his adopted niece. Neither Rahzel nor Baroqueheat knew of this connection when they first met.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Well now, what do you think? Sounds much more complex than the anime ever hinted at, doesn’t it? Like I said at the beginning, I mostly stuck to what happened in the past before the series started. And as you can see, there’s still more to be uncovered about the past. As for the present, I haven’t mentioned too much of what happens to them during their travels. Don’t think you know all about their adventures from the anime though. The anime left out large crucial sections of their travels. Find the manga and read it to learn about those events, how they changed our trio, and how the past’s revelations affect their current relationships with each other.
Indeed. but I still love the anime. Just give us S2 already

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote