View Single Post
Old 2005-12-27, 10:30   Link #11
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
No, I don't. I can buy some machines giving people superpowers but I would have hard time buying machines which can recognize when people are in love. If it was some kind of magic - then yes. I don't expect too much realism but such machines would really stretch the concept of suspension of disbelief, as far as I am concerned.
Not to mention that it's implied that love isn't the major factor, sex is. If not being in love saved the otomes from losing the nanomachines Nao could easily marry secretly to some rich guy and stay an Otome.
I wasn't even suggesting that love was a factor in influencing the nanos. What I was saying was how I can't get how you accept a bunch of magical nanomachines giving people superhuman powers, and then say you wouldn't accept them working from love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
You simply cannot be too logical when watching heroic fantasy, otherwise you won't be able to enjoy humane and toucing stories like Terminator 2: Judgement Day, in which a machine earns his soul by learning to love and value life.
That was kind of the point I was trying to make.. Please don't think I was being so dense as to say that Terminator was a bad film because it had very unrealistic plot points, quite the contrary, I applaud and enjoy the film. I was just using it as an example.