Thread: Licensed Busō Shinki (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 12:40   Link #132
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
3. Why didn't any of the Shinkis go mecha-mode during the fighting? You'd think being groped by an octopus would kinda mark the point in the fight where you might want to pull out the big guns.
Quite the opposite, it makes perfect sense that if a shinki encounters any organic living being their own system would not allow them to materialize "the big guns", even if said creature starts tearing them apart, it makes perfect business sense, one death of a human (or even a cat or dog) at the hands of a shinki would blow their business model to kingdom come, because toys labeled as dangerous get out of the shelves before you can even say "shocking hazard".

Quote:
4. So if I'm understanding this right, a Shinki went through a blender and survived? And the first scene last episode showed the pink-haired Shinki getting impaled by the Strarf model, and she didn't seem worse for the wear. Holy crap, they're pretty much indestructible, aren't they?
They aren't organic, so you can cut them to pieces without rupturing their ghost from their bodies. But I wonder if their "brain" is really inside their bodies (anyone that say GitS TV series should remember that), for all we know they might be inside a city wide high speed wi.fi network so even if they are blown to smithereens their ghost should be intact (albeit the trauma of being slowly beep fried until your master rescued it should last a lifetime) somewhere in the cloud.

Quote:
5. So we've got indestructible robots armed with lethal weapons flying around. Why has this not been exploited for military purposes? Why is the world not a war-ravaged wasteland haunted by the memories of 6-inch tall super soldiers yet?
With semi-autonomous drone warcraft in the present time, I think we will see robot soliders (bigger han 6") that are not cute nor can cook or clean in our lifetimes :/
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote