View Single Post
Old 2013-03-23, 08:20   Link #37679
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I'm interested. I think post A's would be the best time since they don't have a crisis on hand.
Oh, I think Chrono could find the time for a duel/interrogation shortly after Yuuno agrees to help the Arthra.

See, fighting someone can be a good distraction to keep someone from lying in response to your questions, and Chrono would want the truth behind Yuuno's motivations.

Because no one leaves their family and home and whole civilization to chase after certain peril unless they want something, or their family-life was just THAT bad. Either Chrono needs to alert child-services, or he needs to know what Yuuno intended to do with the Jewel Seeds.

Quote:
My personal opinions is that the battlelust inside of Yuuno already existed ever since that first fight with Arf. It just didn't get lit up until he fight with Signum.
Don't tell ME; go back and explain it. Like so:

1. Signum isn't actually the one who lit the fire inside of Yuuno; merely the one who stoked it hot enough to emerge, and who keeps it burning brightly. The true fire-starter was Arf, the first time she attacked Nanoha. ("I'll make you let me!")

Quote:
Eh, he needs to use chains and binds to restrain Signum during their fight. She keep breaking out, so he had to find new ones.
Can you be "too good" at flight, or math, or art? To be "too good" at something implies that your competency comes at some sort of personal cost, or that someone else is making a selfish, subjective judgment.

For example, Yuuno being "too good" at binds might be the opinion of every non-Signum person who duels with Yuuno after his change.

Quote:
Crap, looks like I forgot an "s". To reiterate: They did fight again, but usually with Yuuno using his old style (Before he get into this tango with Signum). When they did fight with his new style however, Yuuno didn't use shield that much, moving more aggresively compared to before.
5. Vita is pissed at Yuuno when she finds out just how much interesting their duels could have been. But she's even more pissed now that he eschews his old defensive tactics for a new aggressive stance. She wanted to break through his guard, damn it!

Because I'm certain that Vita can break through one of Yuuno's Round Shields or Circle Protections, at least if she uses a cartridge. No doubt it's happened many times in their duels.

I think the REAL challenge for Vita would be that breaking through ONE shield or barrier isn't ever enough to actually HIT Yuuno. If one defense shatters, he either quickly summons another layer beneath it, or simply dodges.

There's simply no way that Signum would be better at breaking through individual protections than Vita, but it is concievable that Signum could figure out Yuuno's patterns enough to counter-act them. She focuses less on defeating the spell and concentrates more on defeating the mage.

Quote:
6. Many hearts were broken when words got out of their engagement. It also marks an unprecedented rise in liquor consumptions on Mid Childa.
Watch out for changing tenses.

"Many hearts ARE broken when word gets out of their engagement. It also marks an unprecedented rise in Midchildan liquor-consumption."

Quote:
Ah, crap. I didn't know which one to use: tried imply in the past but failure, while tries usually mean in the now.

As for how these outfits were employed, well she dressed Signum up.

Off the record, I just came up with this one on the fly, so I didn't really think about it that much.
So, how can Hayate be unsure which outfit worked? If she dressed Signum up and presented her each time, surely it would be the last one which gets Yuuno to say Yes? Because each one that fails to get a Yes would be followed by another outfit.

If she showed off Signum in five outfits before asking, then she can't know that it took five outfits. He might have agreed with just the first one.

Quote:
Yup. But not a lot of people here like Force or someone like to make Cypha out as some kind of unstoppable monster, so...
No, that's not the problem. The problem is that it is entirely unclear what a "meteor rain" is, and how Cypha got hit with one.

It sounds too much like a spell or super-technique that just summons meteors (or something LIKE meteors) out of no where to pummel a target, but the words aren't capitalized as per a proper name.

An actual "rain" of meteors would imply that Cypha was killed in space (as meteors which enter atmosphere become meteorITES) by a bunch of hurtling space-rocks. But the implication is that Yuuno killed her, and Yuuno (or any mage, for that matter) hasn't ever been seen personally entering the void of space.

Also, how would Yuuno even affect a "rain" of meteors? That would take a very strong version of Nanoha's Stardust Fall spell, to grab so many huge rocks and impart lethal force to them. It would take even more force to pull of a MeteorITE rain, because of the greater range involved and the resistance of an atmosphere.

It's fine to leave it up to the reader's imagination that Yuuno was the one to kill an Eclipse Driver, and that the Driver was Cypha. But you leave far too much to the imagination in regards to WHAT happened and HOW.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote