View Single Post
Old 2012-07-13, 09:21   Link #359
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
You know, the camerip of those movies dated like 2-3 years ago and things have changed since then. Now, something like K-on! can't even have one .. yet K-on! outclasses every series you mentioned above in the box office (except One Piece ... and there's also Eva, but those are real deal Japanese block busters). So if K-on! couldn't do it a few months ago, you really need the intervention some crazy passionate fans for that to happen. Moreover, Toaru's fanbase isn't so huge it can pull off billions of Yen like those 3 monsters for that to happen easily.
Yeah, I don't think Toaru has enough crazy fans yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
It's really better like this, I remembered someone here once told it'll be bad for them if they used Toaru every fall ... I just don't clearly remember who was it *looking at C2F*.
I'm also concerned about how much the film will gross, I've been having nightmare of it pulling off a UBW performance in the box office ... oh, please no
I don't think it's me, is it? Though if 'they' really wanted to, Kamachi writes about 6-7 volumes every 2 years so we could technically have an Index season every 2 year cycle. But now that Shana is complete, Hayate is in another Studio hands, Little Busters can't be more than 2 cours total, it'll be best if they can find another series to alternate Raildex with.

In terms of box office performance... I think it's better to have some 'reasonable' expectations. Though if Dengeki is smart, they would release some new volumes around that time to build up hype and anticipation before opening night.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote