Thread: Koi Koi Seven
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-22, 09:54   Link #8
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
the nickname puchisuul im pretty sure is a pun of pettit soeur which is french for little sister taken from the mariasama ga miteru episodes.
In my view it's not a "pun" but rather an extremely lame error by Shinsen/Nihongo.
Really, it seems like they couldn't make out what "puchisuul" meant in Japanese, so they just left it there.
But of course it's French, and indeed should be written Petit Soeur (little sister).

You can't tell me that absolutely NONE of the like 5-7 people that probably worked on this fansub
had ever heard of Maria-sama ga Miteru. And it takes no time at all to look this up if you don't know it.
In a similar way they ruined the Marimite like "intro" text too, even just plain skipping parts of the
translation ("walking slowly is preferred here" is missing, while it IS being said!).

These mistakes warrants these applicable screenshots from this episode:

Btw, I personally don't have much of a problem with Koi Koi Seven once I accepted it's a pretty
poorly done anime. It does have some nice points -- like the Marimite parody in episode 7
and various other parodies. I guess I'm just a sucker for fan service shows, no matter
how bad they are (it should come as no surprise I enjoyed "G-On Riders" as well).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote