View Single Post
Old 2012-10-29, 15:21   Link #31037
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Kinzo's activities are equally as stupid and bad as Shkanon and are equally implausible. At least the ep7 stuff. The hidden mansion I can buy nobody knowing about while Kinzo was in control of the family. Once Krauss was even nominally in charge, he should've immediately known about the place. But the gold and explosives? Ludicrous. Their existence doesn't make Shkanon any better, it just makes Ryukishi more of a hack.

Hiding Kinzo's death seems about as plausible as ep5 made it seem. That is to say, the other siblings don't buy it at all but don't have anything they can really use to prove it yet. It's made very much abundantly clear in the early episodes that if Kinzo does not turn up alive pretty soon, the siblings are going to push for inheritance discussions. I don't think for a moment that they buy that Kinzo is dead and the fact that Krauss and Natsuhi are criminally complicit in covering it up is clearly intended as part of their bargaining position. It's just implicit rather than explicit, because it's a pretty harsh accusation to make against family. That at least I have no complaints about. I'd complain if it appeared to be working perfectly fine and no one was the wiser.

The baby swap with Rudolf is dumb and seemingly pointless, but I can accept that it's possible if he really wants it to happen and has enough money. That Kyrie wouldn't know is another matter, but Battler takes after his father's side of the family (he's said to resemble Kinzo in his youth), so how is Kyrie going to suspect he's her son if she doesn't live with him and he doesn't resemble her? Of course, there's no purpose to the baby swap or Kyrie being his mother, so God only knows why this is in there to begin with.

Shkanon isn't dumb if it happens only in the stories. It is completely beyond any stretch of belief if it happened in real life (absent things like "Kanon" accompanying Jessica to her school festival). There is no indication specifically that it would have, though, so I just choose to believe Yasu-the-writer did it to make a point and not because she's actually crazy.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote