View Single Post
Old 2012-02-15, 16:34   Link #161
Dextro
He Without a Title

Spoiler for space:

Aside from forgetting the bit where we've been told that the memory-altering effect has a cellphone-like range this is a pretty much spot on list of some important "facts" we know about the event so far.

As for who the Another is I don't have a particular theory so far but I think that the hints towards Sakakibara-kun being it are red herrings meant to distract us from the real clues. For me Mei isn't out of the woodwork yet and the cellphone conversation that put Sakakibara in town 1.5 years before actually drove me to suspect Akazawa Izumi as the another mostly due to the fact that she seems to remember our MC who apparently had his memory altered to forget he was ever in town. My basis for this is simple: what if the fact that these two knew each-other would help in figuring out who the dead person was? Maybe one was close to the other and Sakakibara left town due to Izumi dying. Maybe it wasn't one of them but someone else who they both knew and was responsible for their connection.

I personally think this is a much better train of thought than speculating outside of what we "know" so far and going for theories like claiming Reiko is the Another.

And on the Reiko subject I have a different theory: I think that she was the one who found out how to deal with the another back when she was in class 3-3 and what she had to do resulted in considerable trauma for her. That would also fit in with the comments by her father ("Poor Reiko") and the bird ("Why Rei-chan? Why?") in my humble opinion. I'll go ahead and say it: the way to get rid of the Another was to actually kill him again and Reiko either did it or witnessed it with her own eyes but I'm leaning on the first one.

And before anyone claims that this would set off all kinds of problems with the law remember that when the year ends the another simply vanishes back out of the roster and people's memories so there would have been no actual crime in practice.

Those are my theories so far, can't wait for more episodes to see if I got them right.