View Single Post
Old 2012-02-15, 19:02   Link #169
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I agree it is probably a bit of a stretch....

BUT, I dont think it is irrelevant if the dad calls the landline or cellphone exclusively.

If he calls the landline, we can see him interacting with other members of the family, which he hasnt done so far.....

I base my theory mainly on the gut feeling, that Kouichi is the another.... I could be wrong of course.
The death of Kouichi's mother could have ruined the relationship within the family, so it could be that his father calls on the cellphone to avoid interactions with the other members of the family.

So basically the memory alteration affects only inconsistencies due to the add-up and those memories who can drive them to a sort of solution. So as stated by Guardian Enzo what we get from each person inside the calamity range are memories without the salient points. A well made mix of red herring truths and false hints.

For Kouichi last visit to the village, it could be for the Reiko's funeral, as well explained by Skyfall (there are really a lot of hints), or even Izumi's funeral, if his brother died two years before, maybe Izumi died too, they knew each other, or so Izumi hinted in the first episode. But for now it has no consistency, I know. But for no reason I tend to give to each character only one role, I mean, so far it seems that Reiko knew/knows how to stop the curse, so the another has to be someone else.

Ah, almost I was forgetting about Kouichi/mei delusion TER-RI-FIC

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.