View Single Post
Old 2012-02-20, 02:22   Link #16
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lets not kid ourselves, Sunrise isn't going to be making a ton of money from it. Hell, at best they could hope for is to break even.
Oh! I see now that you're talking about *financial* losses. Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Anyway, what exactly is this an adaptation of, if anything? All I can find from my quick research is that there are a few songs and albums plus some music videos by Sunrise, but that's pretty much it. Is this the first time we'll get to know these idols in any way or form? The iDOLM@STER had it easy because it was working with already iconic and fairly popular characters. It'll take some effort from Sunrise to make me care about these idols in the same way as I do for Amami Haruka, Kisaragi Chihaya, et cetera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Ha, first thing i thought was idolm@ster as well when i read the synopsis. Though it looks like its going to have the same problem as idolm@ster as well: TOO MANY CHARACTERS. Less than idolm@ster thankfully, but i still think its going to be a problem when the focus will be all over the place ie. the girls. The very large amount of girls.
You'd be surprised at how well large casts can be handled with proper writing, planning and direction. Not to say that one shouldn't be wary though, as it can also go wrong easily (see: Angel Beats).
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote