Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 23:19   Link #2061
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Can you elaborate on this? Why would Nagisa be central to Tsubasa's plan, assuming she has one? Why not Chieri, or Kanata?
Kanata doesn't provoke the right reaction from the kirara. Chieri and Nagisa together do, but Nagisa no Cherry is apparently a solo. She put Nagisa in the front and Chieri as backup, apparently in the hopes that they'd be close enough for it to still work. It's the choice of Nagisa as lead instead of Chieri that gets harder to explain. There are possibilities aside from Nagisa's Acchan-ness (a valuable learning experience for her to get used to the spotlight, for example), but we don't have any solid information. Perhaps she's deliberately trying to push them out of their comfort zones. Perhaps it's necessary, somehow, for what she wants to accomplish.

It is certain that, were Chieri to be leading with Nagisa as backup, it would just be business as usual. And Chieri would have treated it just as seriously as she treats everything else, and perhaps would not have reached the emotional peak required for the kirara's reaction. Perhaps by throwing them off-balance like this, Tsubasa thinks she can get a more "true" performance out of them.

If so, I think she's underestimating (or unaware of) the level of emotional turmoil all of 0048, trainees and successors alike, are dealing with. Right now I don't think either group is capable of putting on a proper performance. They've lost their emotional harmony, as cheesy as that may sound, and until they can recover it they won't be able to put on the concert that's required of them.

To change the topic ENTIRELY, I keep remembering off-and-on a minor thread that they've also never bothered to explain: Yuuko (apparently) using the kirara to gain superhuman strength in episode 2. At no other time have we seen the kirara being used for anything other than soul-sensors and hyperdrive generators. Even the glossary hasn't touched on it, last I saw. It may be a small thing, but the way it was presented makes it seem like it should be something that would come up again. It's just one of a number of things in the series that have yet to be properly explained, and one of the many reasons why this series really needs another season to get everything properly sorted out.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote