Thread: Doctor Who!
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-11, 05:46   Link #435
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
After seeing "The Day of the Doctor" someone suggested that the "Two Doctors" wasn't really the Second Doctor, but a later version of the Doctor that had taken to using the Second Doctor's face again, and decided to go pickup Jamie again. He's in hot water with the Time Lords again, so it has to be ofter he found Gallifrey.

It was suggested as an alternative to Season 6B, in which were the Second Doctor got a reprieve and was doing tasks for the Time Lords prior to forced exile on Earth and a forced change into a new face (the Third Doctor). This still doesn't quite fix some things the Doctor does or says in the "Three Doctors" and "Five Doctors" though. Also one would guess the Time Lords responcible for both incidents would know which version of the Doctor they picked up. But doesn't cover the "Two Doctors" were both the Doctor and Jamie have aged and have stuff (knowledge and equipment) that they shouldn't have yet. Unless it takes place after the "War Games" but before the Doctor was forced to regenerate (Season 6B), or it takes place as another incarnation of the Doctor that happens to look like Patrick Troughton's Doctor, that decided to pick up Jamie again and model his TARDIS partly like "Sixth Doctor's TARDIS".

"Revisiting a few (faces), but only the old favorates" as the Curator put it.

I am watching the Two Doctors now (and the Three Doctors) and of course it doesn't make much sense why a much older Doctor & Jamie are around except for the fact that the TPTB just wanted to bring back Two & Jamie. It's only later that you get the explanation that the Doctor didn't regenerate after War Games.

Of course from what I read you see these theories even before this because we don't actually see the regeneration at the end of War Games (Pertwee wasn't even cast yet).

And this is the problem with giving an explanation after the fact. It's okay there is so much of Doctor Who and its been around for so long you can't expect perfect continuity. And everyone likes when more than one Doctor interacts and old favorite companions come back.

But as a fan of Jamie I wish he had more emotional closure. Then again Moffat could ruin it too so maybe I should shut up & just come up with my own theory.

edit: On another note I'd also love to see Ian make an appearance, sadly Barbara's actress is no longer round. But as the Doctor's first human companions it would make a nice touch. And of course William Russell is still around and still does things for Doctor Who.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2014-01-11 at 05:57.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote