View Single Post
Old 2009-01-10, 18:12   Link #177
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Really? I mean I like the secondary characters too, but I wouldn't exactly call them "deep". There's only like a couple paragraphs of cliched backstory given to us throughout the game. I don't think that'd translate too well to the anime. I'd much rather they just focus on the main characters, who are far more interesting, and just add in some cameos from the other Squad 7 members (Jane FTW!).
I disagree with the cliche part, that terms gets thrown around far too often these days. I mean, if the squad characters are cliché, then what about the main characters?

That aside, from a distant point of view they may not seem 'deep' but if you read a bit closer you see a lot of things that, while they don't appear much in the game bar in the form of potentials, would translate perfectly in the anime. Edy's dislike of Rosie, Dallas' love for Alicia, the various Darcsen haters (the manga played into this rather nicely, to name an example) while these stories won't be the main plot, they would serve a vital part in making Squad 7 feel like... well... a squad, rather then a bunch of people thrown together for the sake of having a squad for the story.

That's why I care about my squad, I don't just see a bunch of stats, I see people with their own likes and dislikes, I imagine how they would interact with each other, and build my squad accordingly.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-01-10 at 19:26.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote