View Single Post
Old 2009-07-04, 15:36   Link #392
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Finished the series,liked the first episode the best.The last episode and the ending was....dissapointing to say the least.Also hated how the main characters backgroun isn't explored as much as I hoped especially Rin/Mimi.I like the parts where the series tries to explore it's society more too.

I really like Rin/Mimi's office scenes,they have a sentimental feel to it.I like Kouki Maeno as well and I really liked the fact that the series gave him a normal series life.

But I really love the series's timeskips the most,to actually experience episodic timeskips was a pleasant experience too,to see how the technology and enviroument change but the office and Rin/Mimi stay the same gave me a an experience that I've yet to feel before,at least in anime anyways and sometimes make me things about the passage of time in my life as well[Some things change,some things don't].

I also especially like the Maeno bloodline, and his later descendants,I disliked Teruki but like his older version more matured version.To see how somebody's so rebellious turned so responsible was nice to see as well maybe mimicking some people in real life.I missed Kouki's wife for some reason,I guess she just died normally.Kouki Maeno's death was pretty sad,Tamo-chan's was as well and he wasn't even the careful panoia type that he was too when he died.

Kinda disliked how the Apos plot went,I really wished it turned out more differently than it did.

But I guess Rin is my favourite aspect of the series[Especially her vodca scenes with Mimi over time].I just like her charatcer and mannerisms in the series and how she interacts with people,it was nice to see her without her memories too,contrasting with her confident self.

I kinda disliked how the series tried and explored the supernatural aspects of it,I think it did poorly so in the last episodesin regard of this,to see Rin revive is awesome though since it explored the immortality theme further and it's not as straightforward as it seems. [Now I may have an idea on on what would happen to C.C. if certain things may have happened to her].

The series was good when it was still within the detective agency parts,Man I even love that building itself.Some of the Immortality reminds me of Lost Odyssey as well.

I loved the music too,the ED is fun to hear to but I loved most of the background music from this series.Some radiates normalcy,some radiats sprituality/sentimentality while some of them were nice action themes.Even having trouble getting some of them out of my head [The one where spores always appear]

And the sexual and violence themes were well done I guess,too much nudity in the last episode though,for a non-hentai show.

Overall,a good series with a special place in my heart for the enviroument it potrays,it's characters[not including the villain], and it's timeskips.Wish the show focused more on it's detective agency aspects,the cyber-ish enviroument of the future is nice especially when contrasted with the past but I think the series went a bit too far on it.But my biggest dissapointment was lack of elaboration of the main characters not from a personality standpoint,but from a "what they've done" over the years standpoint,they are some here and there but I wish they'd put more of it.I guess I'm influenced by Lost Odyssey in this part,which wrote text for some of the normal things the immortal characters go through over the time.[Not comparing here,but I'd guess you could say my expectation of it was influenced a bit]

And personally,the supernatural-aspect of the stroyline[Apos's plots,Yggdrasil etc] did not go through too from my expectations[I loved the women's immortality though] but I had a great time watching this series and enjoyed it quite a bit,I will certainly miss it a bit too.But ultimately it really could have been much much more than it did,shame such potential was wasted. 8/10

Last edited by SonicSP; 2009-07-05 at 01:41.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote