View Single Post
Old 2012-02-04, 23:41   Link #57
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ok, lets see the definition of a siscon first. According to the urbandictionary, siscon is: A person with an unusually strong and probably sexual attachment to their sister. Japanese wiki (because english one didn't have one) says: Someone who holds a strong affection, love, attachment, etc to (one's) sister. From what I've seen so far Araragi's love for his sisters is hardly enough to warrant him the title 'siscon,' and I can be sure that he's not interested in her sexually in any way. If Araragi's love for his sister can be called siscon, then nearly every brothers who has sisters can be called siscon. So I say he's not a siscon, though but its certainly debatable.

I also think that the sweat wiping down scene was over the bounds of sister-brother relationship. It just doesn't happen, and it was awkward to watch it happen. I myself have a very good relationship with my sister (yes, a imouto), and I still would think twice before doing such a thing. In Araragi's case, there was younger sister as well as Hanekawa to do that for Karen. But I'm just gonna stop there, because I know there are tons of people who will claim that it was completely natural blah blah blah.