View Single Post
Old 2006-05-31, 14:08   Link #37
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Was he equal when he was kicking the extendeds a$$ess 3 vs. 1 in SWORD IMPULSE after the intial Gundamjack?? ("Oh it's not a pure 3 on 1" So what was it 2.3 on 1, a 1.9 on 1?? Anyway you slice it Shinn was kicking their a$$ess in individual and sorty combat overall) So before you answer that first question why don't you tell us all here in animesuki's G-forum what's BLAST IMPULSE's specialty vs. ABYSS's specialty?? Let me help you out...ABYSS is SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR WATER BATTLES WHERE IT IS SUPERIOR IN COMBAT WHILE IMPULSE IS NOT...But ofcourse you knew that..ofcourse you thought that thru...you couldn't possibly have been pawing at Obi-wan's leg like a little kitty because she made an argument that made you feel better about dissing Shinn...Chillax friend, I'll have mercy and stop my assault here...
oh my, you're such a flame bait. Mercy? assault? what angry words!

1. He wasn't 'kicking the Extended's asses.' If he was, the 3 stolen Gundams would have never gotten away in the first place. In a sense, Shinn failed his mission. Although it made for good action scenes, he did nothing more than to stall the three.

2. If Abyss did its thing and went to sinking ships, he would have been far more productive. Last I check, Impulse wasn't fighting underwater.... and anyways, Abyss can be shot underwater anyway; it was just a crappy MS.

Quote:
Shinn's greatest advantage in this confrontation is that, as a pilot, he employs some rather unique and improvised battle strategies (see GSD 34 for reference material) and isn't affraid to sacrifice a weapon or two to setup for the finishing blow. This is, as I see it, what gives him an edge over Yzak; while both are straight forward fighters, Shinn's use of unusual tactics and attack patterns would quickly overwhelm Yzak. I'd imagine that if it had been Yzak piloting Freedom in GSD 34, he's have been rather angry at his continually missing Shinn and would have quickly lost his focus in his anger.
thats the problem, Yzak is not Kira. If he was piloting the Freedom, he would have killed Shinn with a cockpit saber slash (remember when Kira dismemebred Impulse' head and arm? or how about the core fighter fiasco?)

Thats why Shinn knew what to expect of Kira, as they knew where Kira aims, and Shinn took advantage. Yzak, as far as we know, don't have things such as disabling policies or whatnot...