View Single Post
Old 2009-09-29, 11:56   Link #21
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Just because she had wanted to be a famous model at 13 years does not mean that she consented to have sex. It could be that her resistance was diminished because Polanski drugged her, or because she was (rationally) afraid that resisting a rich and powerful older male would lead to bad results. The reason she's not condemning him now is because she's moved on with her life after so many years. Who would want to remember bad memories?

@Telmah: He was prosecuted, and plead guilty in some sort of deal. The judge declared the deal to be BS and sentenced him differently, upon which he fled the country.
She did again like others have noted say no. Yes, she was drugged, in other factors go to the wayside in that case, at least that's the way I feel. Finally, once complaint is filed, I think it is out of her hands anyway.

When you come to another country, you are forced to obey their laws or suffer the conquences. If you don't like their legal system with its quirks, then don't go there or don't do anything wrong.

I read in Europe, if you get a DIU (ie drunk driving), you can lose your liscence for life. I thought that was pretty harsh until I saw in Cuba, you are executed for it. Laws vary quite a bit from place to place, but a different country is a different country. The US is more open to violence (we have little gun control compared to Europe or Japan), but sexually repressed in contrast. Right or wrong, that's the way it is.

I just don't think he has any ground to stand on--our age of consent is 18, there was no consent, and he used wine and drugs on her--it is an open and shut case in my book.
Telmah is offline   Reply With Quote