View Single Post
Old 2009-05-21, 17:52   Link #51
james0246

^And my popint was that we cannot really call them "scum" without first knowing what they did. For all we know, the majority of the prisoners in Impel Down were simple pirates that never really harmed anyone (besides other pirates and marines) annd they could have simply wandered around the seas looking for adventure, etc. So, Hannyball calling them "evil" could simply be because they stood against what the WG wants. In the end, I do not know what the pirates did or will do, but I do know that the WG is a fairly tyrannical and sometimes outright evil organization. So, it is hard to simply say that Hannybal is correct, and what Luffy did is detrimental (I will give you selfish...but really which pirate isn't selfish). Would releasing a number of pirates create chaos for the WG? Aye, probably. But, is that chaos necessarily evil? That is far harder to answer.

That beng said, many of us were predicting that something major would occur to balance Whitebeard's defeat. Maybe the fall of Impel Down is the major event we were predicting.