Thread: Licensed Genshiken 2 (Nidaime)
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-03, 18:51   Link #76
Nosauz

Madarame's pain is what makes the first series so fucking good, it's obvious to us he's hopelessly in love with sakaki yet she is never really "available" it's the realism of the situation which makes for great story telling, genshiken is in fact about the characters, the characters are everything to genshiken, they make the club and to say that they aren't is ludicrous, if you look at the 10vol that preceded this "genshiken" most of the characters are intact, and readily available for the story to develop, but this just doesn't feel right.

Madarame did get "shafted" in the closure department but I think his character was to mirror the reader, and hence the warm feelings we have about him, because I remember that when I first started reading/watching the manga/anime I really didn't like madarame, but the reality of his situation truly drove home the intricate nature of the story. Of course I don't want anything close to a Hato x Madarame ship but I don't mind if Hato delusionally thinks about madarame, in the end madarame probably from a character stand point would like Sue better or Sue's friend instead. Still the new genshiken does make we want to implode my brain.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote