Old 2006-12-23, 02:32   Link #797
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo View Post
SENGOKU RANCE
戦国ランス

God, can't believe no one mentioned this work of art here after a week yet. This beast manages to exceed all expectations and crush its own hype; with a more complicated board and scenarioS to play around with than Kichikuou Rance, an improved mix of the Kichikuou Rance and Dai combat system while leaning towards Kichikuou Rance's, and a difficulty that shouts out to Alicesoft's old skool challenging as hell instead of their newer easy-as-pie, this got to be Alicesoft's best-est game.
The game's getting a lot of praises for living up to its hype, so I'm sure it's a good game in many ways. Personally, I'm not much of a fan for kichiku games though. ^^;

===========================
Kanishino comment:

Misaki route complete.
滝沢司、まさに淫乱教師...

Spoiler:

Leaving branch school camp for now. I think I'll try out a home school route next. Shino sounds like a good candidate (I'm saving Miyabi~ for last ^^).

Oh yeah, ef was released yesterday... I don't think I'll be getting it until I can finish Kanishino first though. ^^;

minori is tossing out quite a bit of ef stuff for C71 as well:
http://www.minori.ph/c71.html

The calendar looks nice~
I don't get the reference behind the MJ-12 shirt, but it looks cool too ^^;

Edit: Finished trail version of 月光のカルネヴァーレ - Carnevale Della Luce Della Luna

First impression: What the hell is Kyon doing in a goth noir eroge?
Really, everything from Romeo's ironic tone of voice, attitude, to his tendency to complain in paragraphs, they're practically twins. Although it really has nothing to do with the game itself, a must listen if you're interested. ^^;

I find Anna-chan adorable as well,

as I'm weak against natural bokes, I guess. ^^; Especially if I know there's more to their story than meets the eye.

The trial version itself was quite nice as well, as the story revolved around one specific suspense and managed to keep the tension up all the way to the end.

Romeo's overwhelming coolness in the end there made me laugh out loud though.

Normally, I'd avoid overly hard-boiled games such as this, but so far, I find the characters and the story itself to be quite enjoyable. Besides, with Kyo, I mean Romeo around as the main character, I don't think I'll get too bored.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-12-24 at 04:31.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote