View Single Post
Old 2012-01-27, 09:55   Link #27333
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
This brings something up, though - am I the only one who slightly disagrees with the evaluation being made in that bit? About the Ushiromiya's being male dominated? The only male Ushiromiya's who even get a say in family affairs are Kinzo, who's lingering on death, Rudolf, who's fairly indifferent (and makes babies whether he has a wife or not), and Krauss, who's a big ol' softie towards his wife and daughter.
Unfortunately a lot of what we're told doesn't match what we're shown in Umineko. Either the fiction characters are not like their real counterparts, or public perception of the family was not accurate to how they actually behaved, or maybe the story is just inconsistent and Ryukishi wrote that the family was male-dominated and kind of forgot that, in any generation other than Kinzo's, that wasn't actually true.

Krauss is shown to have a close supportive relationship with Natsuhi. Eva takes the lead in her relationship with Hideyoshi. Kyrie is Rudolf's right hand in business matters. And Rosa is a single businesswoman. Jessica is the designated head, George's love (gag me) is suggested by Ryukishi to be genuine devotion, Battler appears to have no belief of that sort with respect to women, and Maria is friends with a super-powerful witch.

Where, exactly, this family is demonstrably male-dominated is not clear to me, other than Kinzo being kind of a dick to Eva. And he makes fun of Krauss more than he ever does her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
All I've got to say is that I'd gladly end up trapped in Erika's Logic Error, if you know what I mean.
That's sick dude, she's... wait, how old is Erika supposed to be again? 16? Older? She talks like she's older in that one scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
A cold, dank place of no life, that involved clipping apart your body piece by piece, and can only be escaped by finding some poor sap willing to take your place in the despair?
Well, apparently it's easily escapable by dumping her.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote