View Single Post
Old 2013-02-11, 05:25   Link #24102
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
when urban legend was mentioned in the movie thread. it remind me of the latest NT where the urban legend was mentioned in one of the reports. I didn't manage to understand what it is or its function. Its like an auto update that was done but someone or something which I don't understand. it start an urban legend to hide the real facts and this real facts are based in the dark side of the city where when one fact was state another facts or probably an experiment was being conduct to counter that legend. And within a week or two. that legend will have a counter attack or a new legend will be found to update that legend.

I still can't fully picture that way the urban legend in academy city works. I thought its just some gossip of the students but it turned out more complex with the AIM thing/beings? connected to it.

Specially how fast an urban legend was being brought up about No. 2.
You have to think of this like this:

You have a big crowded city full of people with mobile phones with cameras, many of them have powers that can detect what's happening around them (the boss of the Urban Rumors Site for example with his water droplet projection), powers that can see what happened in past on given place (to utmost detail like what people thought on that place), many curious people (like Saten) that investigate suspicious stuff (many of them purposedly) and tons of security behind every corner.

And now you have tons of experiments, many of which have gone wrong (on bigger scale), many people misusing their powers (not just level 5s), magicians occasionally infiltrating the city, Dark Side stuff like assasinations, kidnappings, manipulation with money, people (memories)...
and all of that must be kept away from public.

And the Urban Legends are a way to do so.
If you release part of the truth as a "rumor", even when someone publicly says the truth (with proof), they will just believe it is that rumor. And by adding a lot of crazy stuff (like the hard candy or pomade) the credibility of such rumor would decrease and the original information will be lost. And eventualy by making a lot of crazy "rumors" people will stop paying attention to them even if they were to contain real information (Shirai for example). And with that, the people will never realize the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Maybe someone who has access to the knowledge involving AC's darkside wants to mess with them since that person doesn't have enough power to do anything against the darkness. I really hope this involves Aogami the 6th Level 5.
Yes some people can be releasing the information purposedly to damage AC, but I think they would find such a leak really fast.

As for Aogami - he can be easily the boss of the Urban Rumors Site, that water droplet projection would match such a pervert perfectly.