View Single Post
Old 2012-11-10, 02:54   Link #25
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think Yuuta is her soulmate in her fantasy world, like a best friend and partner, but being human she can't help getting some physical and emotional feelings toward him, too. Is she thinking romance right now (episode 6)? I'm not sure, but I don't think so. She just has unconscious feelings that come out in little playlets like that hand-holding as the wind passed by (at the railway crossing). And in her admiring eyes after he gave her the new mail address. And in her twinge of jealousy when he looked at Nibutani's form in the pool.
Totally agree on this. Her feeling is still developing and she doesn't know that yet. It is a part of her charm, really. She doesn't plan them to be the case, but what she feel like doing are making Yuuta (start) falling for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Moe has become a much more general word over the years since it first came into wide circulation (around 2005). Now it just means something like "makes me hot for her." But Akamatsu claimed that real moe had no sexual content, and was just a reflex response of wanting to protect and look after such a person. I've never actually believed the nonsexual part, to be honest. Nor do I here. But in all other ways, Rikka fits that original meme as well as any character ever has.
I don't know what was said, but I believe that moe does not have to imply sexual is more accurate. They are not mutually exclusive, though it is the case for me personally. To not going too off-topic, for me, Rikaa is a character that go into the pure moe catagories, which mean I avoid any NSFW material featuring her.