View Single Post
Old 2013-06-12, 23:59   Link #89
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
What? When they did even see Ansem or Xehanort? They weren't with Sora and the others in front of Xehanort's portrait in Radiant Garden, and they weren't at HB in KH1 until after Ansem was gone.
Why do they have to be with Sora?

They live in Radiant Garden. They are citizens. Remember that Traverse Town was just a makeshift world where people from different worlds took refuge because their homeworld was either destroyed or being attacked by Heartless. The Final Fantasy characters were only in Traverse Town because they were driven out by the Heartless.

What I find strange is the fact that they were driven out by Xehanort, but they didn't even catch his voice or appearance being different from Ansem the Wise? I don't buy it. How did they figure Ansem was the culprit then?

Quote:
I disagree. Foreshadowing isn't a requirement. Frankly, I get annoyed at foreshadowing, cause usually it's too obvious and I can figure out the twist ahead of time. That is not good writing in my opinion.
You are talking about a different extreme.

If the foreshadowing is obvious, then it's not very good foreshadowing. That's a different issue. Hints by definition are supposed to be subtle.

My problem is that the series

Quote:
All I'm saying is, the parts you were talking about weren't what I'd call convoluted. Personally, the only things in the story that have actually been difficult to make sense of have been the time travel and what exactly Xehanort's plan was and when. And those were all questions introduced by 3D, which means before that game, I thought most of it fit together quite nicely, considering Nomura didn't have it all planned out from the start.
That's my problem with the story - why didn't Nomura have it all planned out from the start?

Unlike Zelda or Final Fantasy, this series is meant to be a single, albeit long, coherent story... yet certain details (or lack thereof) and changes make it obvious that Nomura didn't plan far enough ahead.

For example, the secret trailer of the vanilla KH2 had the armored trio picking up Sora, Riku, and Mickey's keyblades: the Kingdom Key, Reverse Kingdom Key, and Way to the Dawn.

In the secret trailer for KH2: Final Mix+ and Birth By Sleep, they get their own Keyblades and Sora, Riku, and Mickey's Keyblades are nowhere to be found. The lack of prior planning makes the certain reveals in every new installment seem like an asspull.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote