View Single Post
Old 2010-12-31, 23:23   Link #227
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Did you get that information from the same place that told you Break Blade was a straight to video release?
No, but I'm not afraid to admit flat out when I'm mistaken either, even if it was a result of some misleading information. I couldn't find the correct information in the usual places, but have since been directed to it and the "airing date" bit has been clarified. My bad.

Quote:
11, *,846,000,000 *88scr Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
12, *,830,000,000 102scr Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
Errr...so it's still a greater intake on less screens if it's not exactly around 20 of them. I could not remember the exact numbers as I was on my way to work, but I knew in the case of the theaters one was between 100-110 and the other was in the 80's. What I do know was that I said dollars as in USD and that number is indeed correct on a recheck. I regret that I tried to specify a rough number of theaters though without first checking for the exact number, but when your phone's battery is about to die you sometimes have to make sacrifices.

Source

Quote:
I'm guessing you got your info mixed up with Gintama.

*8, 1,066,000,000 142scr Gintama: Shinyaku Benizakura-hen

Which aired on a whole 40 more screens, but Gintama is a prime time anime and also a very popular WSJ manga so it's to be expected...
Definitely not the case. Wasn't going there at all actually.

Quote:
Spoiler for Sunrise:

Spoiler for KyoAni:

You do the math, K-ON! 2 is another 40k avg more than likely, lol @ Munto though.
Can you clarify your point here? My point was to acknowledge Sunrise's success in North America and Kyoani's lack thereof while also adding that they were also regularly competing with and often inching out the sales of Kyoto Animation's in Japan proper. All you seem to have done is further prove that. Was that your goal? If so why ask me to do math?

Indeed though, poor Munto. As I mentioned it was something of a disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
@ Kaioshin, I'm aware of Munto's roots, note that I referred to it in both names in my post. That doesn't change my point that "we got a action series".
Acknowledged.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-12-31 at 23:39.