View Single Post
Old 2012-06-23, 04:23   Link #76
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The problem isn't that the Senju disappeared, it's that they never appareared in the first place. They obviously came as an afterthought in part 2 and were badly -or in fact not at all- implemented by the author. If it wasn't for Tobi we wouldn't even know they existed. Which obviously cause many problem story-wise.
The author could defend that by saying that it happened so long ago that we have so small information about that age that he could add a lot of Senju stuff if necessary. But i agree with you, having the 1st and 2nd hokages Senju simply isn't enough. Also i didn't complain about the lack of Senju because there was also a lack of Uchiha, so that the author can't even properly explain what rights did the Uchiha lose (not counting that they were relocated to another place). When the 2nd hokage dies the 6 guys who are supposed to be the next ruling generation have 1 Uchiha but no Senju. Many chapters ago my assumption was that Tobi (who i thought was Madara) was responsible for killing the Senju, acting from the shadows in the ninja world wars. I mean why did the 1st hokage die at a young age, he beat Madara and it was explained by Madara to the current 5 kages that there's a huge difference in power level. Now we know that the 1st could even regenerate his body from wounds, so who the hell did have the power to kill him, and as kage he wasn't even fighting alone like Madara. The author made one picture of the Senju clan, the leader standing in the front is Hashirama, then we see some interestingly looking people in the back, i remember a kunoichi too. Based on that picture it seemed like Kishi is considering to create some characters and story for the Senju too. Maybe he dropped the idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
As far as the reason for the rebellion I'm always surprised how the fact that the Uchiha were told to live in a compound at the outskirt of the village is completely overlooked as something not that important. There is a reason why population transfer is considered both a war crime and a crime against humanity now. Isolating a segment of a population is almost always the first move before pogrom and genocide. This decision alone justifies open revolt (althought there is no denying the Uchiha went about it so badly it's ridiculous).
This should be all true, but when we see the flashbacks and the beginning of the manga, there is no sign of discrimination against the Uchiha, ordinary villagers are not aware of anything. In our world when such things happen there's also strong propaganda against the minority so that the majority population would blame them for something and hate them. And if they are not trusted they definitely couldn't bee the police force of the village.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote