View Single Post
Old 2012-07-26, 15:53   Link #18
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Project Diva is quite awkward to localize though.
It is basically what stops a huge majority of game to be released without an english dub: there is no way they would appeal a large customer base without any "english" versions of every songs they have, even though vocaloid engine is far from being suitable for English output (well, one can argue incoming append versions and all are possible, but current Miku, Kagamine siblings and Luka to some extent aren't really any good).

Even if you expect those who buy the game to be somewhat deep in anime stuff, in general sense, it is really not something that would encourage a developer to localize a game as niche as this one, even if some companies managed to sell titles that are even more risque (Nisa to name one among others).
And considering Sega financial situation being a complete wreck, I don't think they will take such advent any time soon.
They should just do what anime studios do; just have English subtitles and an English distribution website. As in, don't bother try to mass-market it in the West when there isn't a large market anyway. Make it available for English speakers to buy the game from them directly.

As far as I can tell, the only people who would buy the game are those who already know what Project Diva is. So they can just use viral marketing and leave the rest to the internet.

By the way, I haven't heard anything about Sega being in financial trouble. And anyway Miku is one of their profitable properties right now.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-07-26 at 16:11.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote