View Single Post
Old 2004-04-22, 18:04   Link #38
RichMan
????

Yes, school is bothersome(I really hate waking up early), but it's worth it. I've been getting decent grades lately(B-C average). I could do better, but then school would be stealing away this great time of my life.

Like, here's an example of someone who has totally wasted this great time of there life. I was watching the news, and near the end they have what is called "The Student Scholar of the week." It had this girl who said ever since she was young she has always wanted to be a cheerleader. This year, she finally achieved her dream, but soon she decided to quit. The coach asked her she would do that. She said that now she has to work on becoming a doctor. She then said that she didn't think she would be able to become one with her 3.6GPA(which is roughly A to B+ average). So now she's going to waste her whole youth studying and reading books. I feel sorry for her. I guess it's a matter of opinion.

What would you guys choose if you had to pick one of these two choices?

A.) Waste your WHOLE youth being focused on getting straight A's so you can get into college and waste an extra 8-10 years of your LIFE getting your master's degree, but once you get out you start making lots of money and your able to buy fancy cars and houses.

B.) You go to school, but you treasure your youth(having fun, hanging out with friends, etc) more than your education. Your grades are average or a bit below average, but at least your making the most out of the time that you are young.

I choose "B"
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote