Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 06:02   Link #4526
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger of California recently issued a veto statement to the state assembly that contained the following message:

Spoiler for big:
He should have replied :

Spoiler for big:

in the very last line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I'm not so much concerned about the story as I am curious about how the "event" is being projected in the United States.

Lee Kuan Yew honoured in US

Singapore's media being the "state-controlled" beast that it is, we're naturally getting huge, important-sounding coverage over here of Mr Lee's visit. But, unless I'm wrong, I believe this hardly registers a blip on most Americans' radar? A pity that William Safire is gone, I suppose. I would have expected some pithy comments from him were he still around.
Given our size, we are so easily overlooked, no matter how much we have done. I believe this contributes to the "suck thumb" mentality of the locals. Recognition is no longer a priority, but survival in the modern world is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
You know, what they actually didn't realise is that there is only ONE press holding in Singapore and nobody actually bothered to set up another (too big of a hassle). It isn't even a press monopoly, heck there is only one player on the board!

It isn't even fair to judge press freedom by the only player in the game.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-10-29 at 06:35.