View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 16:55   Link #9
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
So, anyway, from all I've heard so far... well, I just have to get this out of my system first...

When I heard that Fate goes to "save" Nanoha and gets drained herself, it reminded me of this scene from Simpsons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...BC4KHx8#t=282s
Yeah, I'm with you there.

I find this editorial decision really odd. Fate arriving just in the nick of time to save Nanoha from Vita, and then firmly proclaiming that she's Nanoha's friend (not just Nanoha's ally) was a wonderful moment for Fate, as well as for Nanoha and Fate's relationship.

Why would anybody want to change that? I just don't get it.

I know that obviously some things have to be, and should be, different, but this particular change is just strange to me.

Quote:
Sounds like lots of beam spam and techno lasers, so it definitely carries on the first movie's "flash" factor; just little substance, given how much it drops and then how much it rushes what was left in.
In fairness, turning A's into a movie was always going to be a real time-management challenge. It has less "fluff" than the original Nanoha anime had, in my opinion, so it has fewer easier choices for what gets the axe and what doesn't.