View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 18:47   Link #30862
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuudou View Post
So if Rosa is all in the scheme of things in EP2 then why is she and Maria depicted running from a swarm of goats "Maria if I fall run to the ocean and swim! No place is safe on this island" at the 9th twilight (presumably the explosion blast)?

If she solved the riddle she would know about the bomb right?
I also think she was just an accomplice. For Rosa in particular, it's probably not even necessary to mention the bomb to earn her cooperation. To answer your question though, I think that scene
1. Was a hint towards the existence of the bomb (I remember, at the time, I was convinced that the faulty boiler must coincidentally explode around midnight, or something)
2. A cool dramatic scene. It really shouldnt be forgotten that the forgeries are also intended to be entertaining and engaging, and that over the top fight scene with the troubled mother and daughter working together and reconciling was really good, in that regard. It's probably why we get time-magic-Kyrie and boudakai-tenkaichi-Krauss, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkama View Post
2. EP4 the red about Kanon. Kealym sorta explained this though.

3. EP6 Erika put specific people into specific rooms. It seems unlikely that she wouldn't notice Kanon not being in his room he was assigned as well as the other people in the mansion.

That's about it for things that don't make too much sense to me. EP2 is a perfect Shkanon scenario and EP3 they sorta die in the first twilight. EP5 the viewpoints were subjective so that doesn't really matter.
The red truth about Kanon in EP4, that's my own interpretation. I couldn't tell you whether many others agree with that...

About EP6, though, it's very wasy for Erika to not notice Kanon. Hideyoshi is the one who seperated the people into the rooms, and Erika herself did not physically check the room with the male servants in it, she only did a Meta check via Battler's red truth, where he said "everybody else". Erika also admits that it's possible Kanon was hiding in the same room she was in, under the bed or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Hideyoshi and Eva are pretty obvious accomplices in EP1, or at least they are going along with Yasu's story. After all, they don't have an alibi for midnight, except the one they confirm for each other, plus they're totally trying to frame Natsuhi.

Only thing I'm not sure about is why she decides to get rid of them.
Well, she needs a Second Twilight. What would be really interesting is if George hadn't resisted, and gone to the guest room with them. It makes me think that in EP2, George was also supposed to survive until the end, but she wasn't expecting him to leave with the servants ... that is, maybe she planned for Genji to be dead in Natsuhi's room as well, and Nanjo/Kumasawa's location would've been disclosed to the survivor group with another cryptic letter. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Erika, no, Bern has no intention to solve Battler's game, she wants to destroy it with a humiliating logic Error, that's why she's looking the other way from Shkanon purposefully.

And suddenly I'm starting to get fonder of Genius Battler Theory.
Well, that's your assumption, and I won't argue against it really, but ... I always figured that Bern ALSO hates losing ... and if she knew about Shkanon, she would've used it to win the logic Error. Erika certainly doesn't seem to know about Shkanon, or she would've won easily. And while Bern DOES want a loss that's utterly humiliating ... I dunno, I think shoving Beato's big bad storming of the chapel right back down her throat with a "Ha, your so-called solution is as valuable as wet tissue paper, it's so obvious!" would've been satisfying for her ... and she has no trouble mocking it in the very next EP, after all...
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote