Thread: Negima Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2006-11-06, 23:44   Link #40
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaoJao View Post
i got some questions and i hope u guys can help me out:

1) about asuna's past, wut is her relationship with nagi's group and all that?and how come at times she gets flash backs or w.e?

2) is albireo a dead guy that comes out only abt every 22 years wen the tree is at max power?

3) wuts evageline's relationship with nagi?
Well, these are all actual manga spoilers, so I guess I'd better ...
Spoiler for Asuna's past:
Spoiler for Albireo's Deal:
Spoiler for Evangeline:
I think that's more or less accurate, though obviously you could put a different spin on most of what I said (in particular the Evangeline part).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Aye... most of the romance, such as it is, in the manga is platonic. People develop very deep affections for each other but purely in the handholding or hugs sense. I won't say who or what for spoiler reasons and because the latest anime may go in directions unrelated to the manga. The girls who find Neg emotionally attractive are mainly just positioning themselves (though they themselves may not realize it) for a few years down the road when Negi *is* physically grown up.
This isn't really what I was trying to say.
Spoiler for Guess I should spoiler this too:
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemi View Post
So because of his age/appereance/job there won't be an actual relationship. This is more centered on comedy i am guessing?
My guess is that the series might end with him in a relationship, but it'll be the end of the series before it happens. It's just not what the series is about. It's about Negi and his relationship with his dad (in particular his search for his dad), his individual relationships with students comes next (and, of those, his relationship with Asuna is paramount - despite the lack of romance involved). And, of course, because it's Akamatsu-sensei, most things that could have been done seriously are instead usually played for laughs. I would say it's more of an adventure than a comedy, though it does have a lot of comedy as well.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-11-09 at 22:18.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote