View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 23:56   Link #55
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I basically sacrificed education for work (very low class family). So I'm kind of a 'back to school' person.
In the past couple of years I just realised that education is a barrier created by the government to filter "indoctrinated" citizens into the hands of undercutting employers to reduce employment costs and increase their corporate tax revenues. It struck me when my economics lecturer was talking about the correalation between savings and investment, then I realised that there is no correalation between them; it is the social outlook on investment risk that determines the level of investment rather than the statistics of savings.

If the basic concepts are so rudimentary and so flawed, what is the point of "education"? For the certification? I have met ComSci graduates who can't even fix server problems and the company had to hire subcontractors who just finished their NS with no certification in the realm of computers.

If taking up this job allows me to skirt the barrier, someday I'll be one of those who started the fire that burns the entire education system to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Nah, you're just starting. My feeling is that most of your friends have some real backgrounds which allows them to start that fast.
That institutional trader guy came from a broken family, and got that job through the angel investor via string pulling. There is only one place and that friend offered it to two of us, so I let the other guy take it because he has nothing left here.

The angel investor's dad is a wheels-on-meals businessman, and he is a troublemaker with a ridiculous allowance each month. Took up investing at 16-18 because he complained that his "allowance wasn't enough", then went to study computer science in Australia. If he is not looking for business to invest in, he is looking for servers to fix.....in some random part of the world.

Should have listened to my mum, get a loan for Lasik, then sign for the Naval Divers. Never had a good PR skill so might as well put my planning/problem-solving skills into good use... for some reason I like the process of wiring a block of "plasticine" while knowing that a single wrong movement could end me.[/sarcasm]

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote