View Single Post
Old 2006-08-22, 19:05   Link #138
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Well, good thing is my dvd player does support RWs (hence the thing about needing to pick some up when I can) so i'm definately going to use that for the (possible) fine-tuning.

By the "anamorphic encoding" I assume you mean with the ful-screen settings for widescreen anime correct? It isn't that big of a deal to have to set my tv to the right mode, especially since it is normally in that mode anyways lol. As for the downsizing, I wouldn't really mind that too much, but since those files don't even play on my PC properly, I think i'll pass on that and just stick with the "low quality" files I have lol.

I wonder how hard it would be to change the settings around in the ini and scripts and such to an HQ/Blu-Ray version... but, since the programs like avisynth probably don't even support that... and of course you'd need an authoring prog capable of burning in HD resolutions and such too lol

Oh well, thanks for the help. I'm going to try encoding one as a test and see if it works, though I really need to get some RWs in case it doesn't work right.

Edit: So i'm burning one now after encoding it and all... hopefully it'll work right. The borders are plainly visible on the PC, and the picture is slightly distorted (like it should be I guess) so we'll see in a little when it is done. I'm a little concerned the border is too big though, it looks a lot smaller in your example pic thingy from the first page of the guide. So i'm thinking I may have to fine tune that some... but we'll see when it is done burning.

Again, thank you for making this and the help. Its really simple to use, which is always a plus even if you know how to do use comand lines and such.

Edit2: Ok, so after burning it and all (making sure the authoring was set to 16x9) it plays great. However, I'm going to have to tweak some borders around. The top border is fine, The bottom could be moved down a couple pixels (shrinking it I assume), and the left and right are just way off... like my tv was the 4:3 mode still, when it was in 16x9. It still looked a little shrunk horizontally, even with double checking all the settings.

So, since the encoding for me takes so long (like an hour for a 24min ep >_< using the QuEnc) what is the format for the border size? Like Top, Left, Bottom, Right?

If you could maybe give me any other tips/ideas for getting the horizontal to be more of a 16x9 rather then 4:3?

Also, I was wondering how to run the mkv extract prog. I think I have some subs (NOT dual audio though, I stay away from liscensed things) with AC3 audio, which your FAQ says besweet wont handle, nor will your scripts... But, I can't find that "MKVExtract GUI" that you say in the FAQ will work for extracting the .mkv files. Where can I find that? Or how do I run from a command line the extract? (I'm familar with DOS and command lines)

Edit 3: Ok, i'm such a huge baka... I totally had the wrong settings for the encode. I basically did a carbon copy of the 4:3 settings, NOT just changing the border size.

Besides that I still had the encode in QuEnc for 4:3, same for the .bat and php file... Though I can't find the aspect ratio thing in the php... but I have NO clue where to look for that since I know nothing about php, and a search of the ini file in the php folder doesn't yeild anything for aspect, ratio, 4, 3, or any combination.

So if you could point me in a better direction for thati'd be greatful. I'm going to try re-encoding with the changes in the .bat and just using the border size rather then a carbon copy and see if that works (by comparing the old file still on my hd to the new, not burning it). Editing each .bat file will be a pain if I can't find the php thing, if that is what I have to do though... well, better then not being able to burn period right?

Last edited by Cynor; 2006-08-22 at 23:19.
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote