View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 02:18   Link #246
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
These last two episodes were a missed opportunity. Sad lonely lolis are always a potential for emotionally compelling stories in fantasy especially when you have a couple like Kirito and Asuna that just got into a major relationship. If done well it can help strengthen the relationship. And if there was a strong aspect of it, it would definitely be the Kirito-Asuna relationship.

Unfortunately it was just going way too fast and I wasn't really given any time to really feel for Yui and them and it just came across as a bit emotionally manipulative. And being a Key fan, I don't mind a story being manipulative to force a few feelings of sadness and joy out of me. But it was still too much and it flew over my head. I was presented with a concept I should really like and I frequently too, but they honestly dropped the ball here and the chain of events was just not really credible to me-- the last part sorta reminded me of AnoHana in its final turns, and that unfortunately is not a compliment.

5/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote