View Single Post
Old 2012-05-31, 05:38   Link #276
Zulu Keita

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Reasons why...
- Gundam Wing is badass.

That is true.

- It's the first Gundam a lot of people were exposed to when anime started getting popular in the 1990s.

In the United States, so your correct about that.

- It was on Toonami and a lot of kids and dudes hadn't seen stuff like this before on American TV.

True

- It's also got a different pace than UC Gundam shows and is a bit thicker on the melodrama.

Yes it is, in a good way though.

- It's easier to get into 'cause its all self contained unlike the much larger, longer, and expanded UC timeline.

I agree, its easy to get into to but hard to grasp as the story is all over the place, I feel that you need to pay a lot of attention to understand what each episode is about.

- Also, the protagonists are all anti-heroes and are supposed to be badasses. They're a 5 man group of hardasses waging war on an entire space navy.

True, it just depends if your into that.

- The Gundams have cool names... Deathscythe!!! Come on... that's badass.

Thats definetly true...altough I would say most Gundam Anime have great Gundam/Mobile Suit names

- The Gundams have cool gimmicks and "themes." Much freakier themes than UC Gundams like Orchis and Unicorn. Gundams with capes, Gundams with dragon themes, Gundam with feathered wings!!!

That is definetly unique to the Wing series and I applaud them for doing something so different with mobile suits.

- dat scene where Wing Zero fires that buster rifle and totally explodes
- it's corny... really corny at times.

Hope you didnt mind me giving my opinion on your statements, Nothing negative though, Just wanted to reply to some....Your right about WING though.
Zulu Keita is offline   Reply With Quote