View Single Post
Old 2013-02-11, 17:38   Link #182
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevilinhell View Post
I believe it was in the same place. In the Haruka's VN route it mentioned being "culled". I have a feeling either the VN or the anime translation is a bit off somewhere. Which one is right, I'm not quite sure though. Honestly, the anime translation made more sense.
I remember that, but the family said that to Kanata before Haruka left iirc.

Whatever it said, nothing I read said Haruka was getting headshot if Kanata bought her some ice cream. But it could be translation fault, but I'd like to give fluffy benefit of the doubt since they undertook an unimaginably huge project and actually finished and did an extremely good job. I wish I could thank them more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That being said, it is indeed mentioned in the VN that the family forced her the role, otherwise they will just dispose one of them.
The original japanese game use "間引く" which does mean "cull". So the anime translation is completely off.
This is what I remember reading. Cull as in, kill off the weaker. But that also implies that if the weaker Haruka disappears some other way, like lives somewhere else, there is no reason to cull her anymore because she's already gone and isn't leeching anymore (in the family's eyes). iirc they only used that threat in the beginning to get Kanata on their side. All of the bad things she did to Haruka in the timeframe of Little Busters was for reasons other than worrying about her sister being killed (it's more like Kanata watching out for her own ass really).