View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 16:09   Link #89
pichu
*Fansubber

well your font selection is bad in terms of thicknesses (my ideal goal is to match sizes and/or weights)... Plus that they have different handwritings, so don't you think they should have different fonts?

Also, if you watch that show (ep2 of School Days), you'll notice it starts out as a full text and then cut in half... so that's why in #4, the top note is cut.
The bottom font in #4 is actually an exact font, and the upper font is actually a comparisons of around a hundred handwritten fonts to the actual Japanese writing, and the strokes lengths and weights are matched as close as possible; it's a shame that the anime artist uses a well-known Japanese font.

Each of us has different beliefs. I believe that all subs should be removed from the video because they distract my enjoyments, and yet I need to know what they are talking about. Signs typesettings that get blended in nicely permit that belief.

Anyways, I don't know much about you in fansubbing or typesetting per se... So I'm not sure what work have you been involved with, but this is my ideal for signs typesettings.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote