Thread: Licensed Reideen
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-11, 13:46   Link #31
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Hmm saw the trailer and I have to say the movements on the Reideen were pretty tedious, it's like Hongo wants us to sit down and fawn over the detail in the model design or something. Anyways, the plot will really have to prove it's mettle as it's very hard to gain interest in robot shows in a post eva industry.

Plot and characterization I should say, something will have to come out of left field on this one to really stand out, Ergo Proxy and Cheviiear are tough acts to follow.
Dude there's no such thing as a Post Eva industry. Considering Evangelion has way too much in common with Ideon: Be Invoked anyway, its not as original as one might think and its certainly not a turning point or a cut off point in the genre. It was just a high point of a period emphasizing character and plot in mecha along with Escaflowne, Giant Robo and Macross Plus. Evangelion, is old, tired, it happened, it was good, it made us think, and its time to move on.

I'm not sure why people have this idea that just because Evangelion exists you are not allowed to do Super Robot mecha anymore and every mecha series that has aired after it must be compared to a show that aired over ten years ago that is being kept perpetually active by ADV, instead of being enjoyed for what it is. I never thought you of all people would subscribe to the myth of a post eva mecha scene. Forshame.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-11 at 14:07.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote