View Single Post
Old 2013-02-27, 11:22   Link #28
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Agree completely.

I didn't really like this chapter: the humor felt very stilted and unnecessary at times (knowing Madara's bathroom habits is no more funny than Naruto checking for Armadillo penises and much of Hashirama's shtick felt forced (though I guess an argument can be made that he doesn't understand how to interact with non-Senjuu)), and the random meeting of Hashirama and Madara makes little to no sense (are we really supposed to believe that the Uchiha and Senjuu clans are living right next to each other?) and ultimately feels forced. And, of course, the pointlessness of Itama's existence (talk about a red shirt).

But, I also didn't dislike this chapter. It is important set-up for future events, and it clearly defines the characters and their personalities quite well. Sadly, everything they say and do is almost already known before it even happens, consequently the pacing drags making the dramatic moments less compelling (I continue to believe that Kishimoto wants us to root for Itama's death). This chapter could have used a better establishing opening (a page or so actually detailing the world) and a few less pages in the middle centered on Itama (who really didn't need to exist since the chapter starts with the burial of another Senjuu), and the father character needed some real dialogue. Still, the moment at the end with Madara felt very "real" and I certainly felt for the two characters. Some good stuff there.

In conclusion: I hate Itama. God do I hate Itama. What a worthless nonsensical character that took up too much space, did nothing of real importance, and all the while looking ugly, snotty and annoying. He deserved to die viciously, and I hope the Uchiha even destroyed his ashes so he could never return.
i don't really felt any problem with the humor, they were still kids and especially boys that age make stupid funny moments of themselves and it is in the story that Madara falls into dark side after the death of his brother, if Madara was shown all emo at the beginning then there will be no point in Inuza'a death.

and why so much hate for Itama,i don't think he was ugly in particular but even if we consider it, he was the character who is around the main character who's death causes grief to the main character, if you think that way then Nagato's parents face wasn't even shown properly, but their murder had great impact on him, it was because of this that Nagato came to realize the bad and dirty things Konoha did which was a great part of Nagato

and why are people so bored with this chapter,this chapter is the foundation of Madara and Hashirama after how much godly they have been shown, when there is a chapter dedicated to action then everyone complains that the story is not progressing, when there is a flashback required to build up the character then everyone says it's boring and there is no action,
then do you think that it would have been better if we had no flashback of Nagato, no flashback of Itachi and Hashirama just answering sasuke in one line!?
i don't think so.