View Single Post
Old 2009-09-30, 05:35   Link #2215
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
That's it!!! One of the reasons why some of the Protestants I know refuse to acknowledge Catholics as Christians. It's all due to recognizing the Pope as the head of the institution kind of like saying that the Pope is Jesus Christ on Earth. And then there's the worshipping Mary thing.
Exactly how is it like saying the pope is Jesus Christ? Also being Catholic, I haven't met any Catholics who worship Mary, though Catholics do pray to her as the mother of Jesus. I never seen someone Catholic actually pray to a saint. But honestly, many of those things seem like a bit of FUD to Catholics spread by people from other denomination, a sort of here is what is wrong with the Catholic Church, a possible self justification. The Catholic denomination has its problems, much bigger problems than having the Pope as the head of their church, the misconception of who they worship. Like I said, I think those things you point out there are mostly FUD.
Gangsta Spanksta is offline   Reply With Quote