View Single Post
Old 2011-04-04, 00:52   Link #255
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
Patience. I've seen so many anime that I can already see the trajectory this one is going to go, assuming things turn ok. I kind of knew the grandma wasn't throwing candy. I thought she was going to toss a brick or a heavy pack or something. As for being mean...come on. Use your imagination. The two will grow into each other...to some extent. It's all part of character development. Growing and maturing through relationships and hardships.

The grandma would be pointless if she were mean/cruel for the whole series. If this were a true television drama series, she'd get killed off for not having any point. But she will. I'm sure of it.

Just my $0.02. April is finals study month. In between reviewing material and prepping, I'm going to watch this along with a few new/old series.
I have to agree with him. The grandmother already is being considerate by taking Ohana in as an employee even though she disowned her mother and obviously doesn't have any [outward] feelings towards her. She's being strict because Ohana's just another person to her, but I feel like they'll definitely settle into a familial relationship, even if it takes until the end of the series and the grandmother remains tsundere strict.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote