View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 16:11   Link #1302
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by solace
I'm sure Biden could have contained himself better, but I'm baffled at the criticism. Debates are like this. Romney dominated time, interrupted and spoke out of turn, essentially told the moderator he'd fire him if he was elected, flipped on multiple issues and lied his ass off to the American people, and yet he "won" the debate because by golly, he looked so statesman. I saw people defending Obama's performance as "Presidential", which is a joke as well. I won't deny that body language matters, but people need to not be so hung up on the superficial and listen to what these people say.
How many videos have you seen of people speaking (Democratcs and Republican alike) and then you wondered outloud (rudely enough ), "this fucker gets a vote too?" I hear what you are saying, but a lot of people could care less about the substance. I think there has been plenty of people including you who has pointed out the farce behind the need for a televised debate. When I went to bed, I still had a huge grin on my face and pretty sure had it all night. It's another form of entertainment where the like minded people went to the gallows and enjoyed eating beef testicle skewed in a stick while watching decapitation of the guy in the guillotine. Obama lost because he did not entertain. Heck, Obama heard the other guy say he would fire Big-bird, and let him get away with it. And that was the least outrageous thing he said that night. No wonder the Democrat faithful found Biden not-rude, not-dismissive, and etc. The fact is, Biden wins this debate even if he didn't laugh so often, or threw his hand in the air because the facts were on Democarts side for the most part. For a memorized rehearsal, Ryan still did pretty well, but could counter with facts only so much, especially when they are lacking.

Anyway, Biden singlehandedly may have turned the tide providing Obama doesn't mess it up again, critiques be damned. Obama just needs to make sure he brings his conviction with him when he is running down the facts one by one. As long as he believes that he didn't fuck it up as bad as the other guy is making it sound like, he should be able to come across pretty well.