View Single Post
Old 2010-01-28, 20:33   Link #270
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I still don't get it. Is he in any way manipulating AIM fields, as in, making them bend, flex roll, dance...?

Of course this weird imagery comes from the gravity well graphs our physics teachers all love...
Well he can manipulate the AIM field by including the entirety of it's calculations and whatever factors into his own vector calculation and took over the control.

Quote:
The function of AIM Field? Function as in the English sense of the word or some mathematical formula...?
Maybe 'data' would have been a better word? what I gather is that he manage to plug himself into the AIM field, make use of it to improve his processing power. shmaster describe it as "downloading new software (data from the AIM Field) into the hard ware (Accelerator, the vector controlling device) to to optimize the hardware's functional capacity."

Quote:
Is the extent of his "updating" covered? As in, how far from vector control can he rewrite? Because if it's all vectors, the only AIM fields that use vectors can be affected.
Very simply put, he can update his reflection filter to include alien laws, particles and factors that doesn't occur naturally. If he can figure out how you powers work (factors and calculations), he can update his powers and take over their control, I'm thinking this could work against teleporters and mindcontrollers as well, but so far, no confirm.