View Single Post
Old 2010-08-10, 10:23   Link #4
Captain_Monotanous

A damn fine cast of characters. Makes this a tough one.

I could only really narrow it down to 9 characters who I felt desrved special credit.

Both Ed and Al made the list for being both awesome and lovable heros that drove forward the narrative and rarely got dull. The same could not be said for most shonen heros.
Van Hohenheim for being Mr Enigma for half the series, and then still having the most heartwarming send out of all. Awesome man. Awesome Dad. Awesome Beard.
Mustang made the list too, though this is purely for the beatdown he gave Lust and Envy. Still annoyed that he never got to blow the lil worm to giblits at the end...
I couldnt not include Alex Armstrong. Hats off the the unrelenting comedy goldmine and true gentleman of the series.
Izumi is included to for being Izumi. More Romantic comedies should include bears.
Ling Yao/Greed holds a close place in my heart. He gave Wrath the some of the best fights in the whole show and had a kick ass oufit. Oh, and the Xing Symphony.
Finally and certainly not least, Wrath himself. If for nothing else then soaking up half the animation budget himself. However, he was also a monster combatant and picked up the whole episode whenever he showed up. When he casually walked up to his castle and declared he'd be taking it back? Awesome. Whats more awesome? He followed this up by taking out a whole battalion and a tank. Alone. With a Sword.

More stories need great characters like these

edit: Just thought. Not making the list, but cudos to the 4 chimaras for actually being interesting characters with some great diolouge. LionKing in particular for inspiring Al to crank it up to eleven with the philosophers stone.