View Single Post
Old 2012-06-09, 21:49   Link #485
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Actually, Genesis of Aquarion came out in 2005 not 2003, it was also followed by Macross Frontier, Basquash and
Animal Detective Kiruminzoo, and the two Frontier movies.

In Basquash Kawamori already did something different in that the main character didn't end up with anyone, since he wasn't interested in any of the female characters. Macross 7 and Macross Plus also didn't follow that story format at all. Actually a good portion of Kawamori's works don't follow that story format. So what you're saying just isn't true.

Also having seen Aquarion, the two OVA's, the movie, read a bit of the manga, and the listened to the drama CDs I wonder whether it was really in his idea to include that all along, as usually there is more evidence of discarded ideas, but this one doesn't really all that much evidence. The dog only shows up once, and that's in regards to Rena, and then is never seen or mentioned again. If the dog was always a part of his plans all along then he had plenty of chances to include it into the storyline, like with the Reika= Scorpius bit. But the fact that he didn't means that he either A) abandoned the idea or B) he didn't think up at the time. Also the fact that even Japanese fans were surprised by this means that there was no indication for it at all.
Then I got one reversed, Aquarion was made in 2003 and came out in 2005. The copyright says 2004 but generally, they always have a year of planning beforehand.

Regardless of the other two mentioned, I doubt Frontier would've stalled him. He must've come up with the idea during the creation of the two movies. It would explain why things are so poorly written in this series. However, the fact of the matter is, it is obvious to any sane person watching this show that the story is not planned very well, stating easily that it was rushed. It is obvious that he created this story during the process of the second movie for Frontier.

He didn't create EVOL during the process of creating the series of Frontier. It had to be recent. Rumors didn't start until after the first movie of Frontier hit BD.

Regarding whether this new twist is a troll or not... I'll wait till they so-called "explain everything."

I have doubts that he decided to continue the series based on the number of fans. This is his most uninteresting series in the fan base. It has less than even Zero. So, in that retrospect, it had to be a spur of the moment, thus adding to our thoughts that this is rushed. I mean, the pacing up until now has been absolutely horrible and continues to be so.